What We Do
InferSens is building breakthrough Tiny ML water sensors enabling real-time and fully comprehensive monitoring of water infrastructures.
Using the revolutionary potential of Artificial Intelligence, our exceptional team of Cleantech innovators has created an elegant, ultra-affordable and easy-to-use IoT sensing solution, with the strong potential to completely transform the efficiency and environmental impact of the global water monitoring and management sector.
Our technology will enable our customers to:
- Become more sustainable by saving water and reducing carbon emissions;
- Save costs; and
- Simplify and audit compliance with statutory water monitoring obligations.
Fresh water is an extremely precious resource – it is estimated that only 0.007% of the earth’s water is accessible for human use, the very significant remaining majority being either too salty or trapped as ice.
If current trends continue, we will face a global water shortage crisis by 2040.
Treating and supplying water also comes at a significant environmental cost. For example, the UK water industry consumes 3% of the nation’s electricity, whilst generating 5.5 million tonnes of CO2 each year.
Every single day in the UK alone 6.9 billion litres of treated water is wasted or lost, and 59,000 tonnes of carbon emitted, as a result of:
- National water supply infrastructure leaks;
- Unnecessary routine flushing of water for compulsory Legionella risk compliance; and
- Negligence by consumers.
One of the root causes of this devastating – and largely avoidable – waste is insufficient awareness of when and where water flow occurs in domestic, commercial or national water infrastructure.
It effectively boils down to the age-old common conundrum. If you do not know where water flow is occurring, you cannot effectively measure, manage or save it.
To address this situation, InferSens is harnessing the enormous potential of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and the Internet of Things (IoT) to empower tiny, readily affordable, non-invasive water sensors which:
- Reliably monitor the real time flow and temperature of in-pipe water – minimising the potential for waste and/or leakage, and ensuring that it is constantly maintained within the required “safe” parameters;
- Detect and report any high-risk areas of possible unexpected flow, low flow or stagnation;
- Optimise the efficacy of hygiene-related outlet flushing regimes (whilst simultaneously eliminating needless wastage of energy and water); and
- Audit pre-emptive flushing activities to evidence Legionella control (HSE Approved Code of Practice L8) compliance.
Perfect for widespread implementation
Across all property estates
Immediate data generation and alerting
Eliminates water and energy waste
About the Team
Dr Jana Voigt
Where We Came From – Our Story
Our founding principals, who have extensive experience of – and a significant record of success in – the creation of breakthrough property and energy/utility management technologies, first began to explore and deploy the considerable power of IoT and AI in the field of smart sensors and intelligent building management in early 2015.
As we have continued to further develop and improve our game-changing initiative with the benefit of support from Innovate UK – the UK government’s innovation agency – our original leadership team has been further strengthened by the recent addition of Dr Jana Voigt as our COO.